Sunday, May 27, 2007

Rape of a fairy tale

Rape of a fairy taleThe house had been quiet for a long time except for the eerie sound of dust settling in the corridors. It is not unusual of powerful men's homes to winter in one cylinder and spend warmer seasons in another. Seasons had come and gone though. How many, I am painfully aware of but it does not matter. They are gone. Life within Caethlong had been rich and glorious as His slave. I was reformed into a creation of His will. It was my task to see to His needs, His pleasures, His home, His accounts .. in every way except the legalities .. His companion. I was made His love slave.Much of my time I spent in the dance chambers, entertaining guests of the house, seeing to scrolls of house accounts or within the inner gardens. These inner gardens are the sanctums of a prominent man's home. They are the heart of His pleasures, where He keeps His most treasured possessions; rare flowers, valuable statues, works of art, His personal slave. It was the inner sanctum, a place of safety, protection. I should have heard the scuffle of footsteps. I should have felt the piercing of the beauty, the bliss, the serenity. I did not. It was only half ihn before I felt darkness descend that I noted the crunch of pebble beneath a heel. Not enough time for my mind to process the information. Gasping for air as the fabrics closed over my face, clutching feverishly at the existence of my world, fighting the biting grasp of calloused hands on my body .. should .. have been my reaction. It was not. Merely slipping within the confines of my impassiveness, I held still. Perhaps that complacency angered my captors more, robbing them of the thrill of their plunder. Beneath the imposed blackness, I felt the suddenness of extreme pressure on my cheek and saw the blast of bright lights before my eyes and my world ceased to exist.

No comments: