Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Lullabies

He came to me, in the variances of lights and darkness. I could hear him crying. I watched as his mouth opened in a scream so deafening that it rent my heart in two. I was reaching for him, reaching out to pull him to me. To hold him once again. To protect him from the monsters that lived in his dreams. My Septus. The ache for him pierced through the icy taloned fingers that held me suspended in nothingness.

A flood of memories raced havok between a long ago and my now. Much my own twin he could have been, not in physical attributes but of mind. The genetic spiralling doubled then split in half. He was a tortured creature, wrenched by the gruesome derivations created within us that only the songs of our sister could soothe. When they silenced her, he could no longer be contained. The keys no longer worked. They took him from me and the tear stained eyes blood red became etched on my own.

I would find a small gift tucked beneath my pillow. Loving signs that he had escaped. An ear, a finger, a sliver of a spleen. Sweet treasures. Then they stopped. They stopped long before I left Acresius.

In my dream, I could hearing him screaming and I reached for him.


Hush little seven don't say a word ...
Sister's going to find you ...



I woke in the darkness unsure of where I was.

No comments: